Sometimes quotes can be funny. Sometimes they can be inspiring. Sometimes they are famous. And sometimes, they make us stop and think. Each daily devotion in the Sensational “Quotational” Devotional begins with a quotation. You will recognise some of them, such as:
- Curiosity killed the cat.
- Early to bed, early to rise.
- Cleanliness is next to godliness.
Some of them won’t be as recognisable:
- I grew up like a neglected weed, ignorant of liberty.
- He who has overcome his fears will truly be free.
- The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.
But all are meant to make you stop and think, to examine your values and the choices you make each and every day. Most of these quotes are by famous people. Some of them were by someone too insignificant to remember.
You don’t have to be famous to make a difference. While each day begins with a quotation, it ends with a Bible verse, reminding us that true wisdom comes only from God. If we spend time with Him, anyone—even an anonymous pre-teen—can make a difference.